I'll get to my weird quirks for this week's topic. But first, a story.
A funny thing happened this week. I won the giveaway for Girl Talk Thursday last week. (See winning post here. Oh. But wait. Winning was not based on my brilliant witticism and amazing skill with the written word. No. It was random. I won by a random drawing.) I digress.
I was thrilled to win! I never win stuff! But here it was, a friendly email telling me I had won something I hadn't even realized I had entered to win. I was so excited. "Tell me," I queried, "What have I won?!"
A gift certificate to an on-line sex store.
Now, it's a "classy" on-line sex store, with lotions and candles and oils, but, an on-line sex store nonetheless. When I found this out, I laughed and laughed and laughed. I mean, how does one inadvertently enter a contest with that as the prize? Not that there is anything wrong with that prize. I mean, people do have sex. Why not a store? It's just a little unexpected, and, uh, personal. Life is funny. You must laugh.
Girl Talk Thursday and its creator, MommyMelee, have nothing to do with on-line sex stores. She's a fun mommy-blogger who has sponsors who provide her giveaways. She makes me laugh. She's helped me dip my toe into the world of how-the-hell-does-this-blogging-community-thing work? (Though she doesn't know it.) I mean, she's a blogger with SPONSORS? Who has that? OK, lots of people. Just not me. :)
That's my funny story, the thing that had me laughing the most this week. Thanks, MommyMelee, and Drew over at Eden Fantasies. ;)
Now, onto Girl Talk Thursday's topic: Weird Quirks.
1. I never finish a cup of coffee. I leave a little bit.
2. I start every run (that I originate from my house) at the same telephone pole. Can't deviate.
3. I know the lyrics to most songs I've ever heard (if I like them).
4. I MUST be one of the first people on an airplane.
5. I love doing our monthly budget. Love it.
6. I listen to the same playlist over and over and over. Drives my husband crazy.
7. I use the Facebook status update feature like it's Twitter.
8. I have been known to wake up in the middle of night crying, laughing or screaming hysterically.
9. I rarely pee. This has been a source of marital strife because...
10. ...I don't like to wait for others to pee.
Until next Thursday....
(And may you love your life today!!)